June 01, 2011
KSL Capital Partners Closes $2 Billion Private Equity Fund
DENVER (June 1, 2011) – KSL Capital Partners, LLC (KSL), a private equity firm, today announced that it has completed the final closing of KSL Capital Partners III, L.P. (the Fund), which will specialize in investments in travel and leisure businesses. With in excess of $2 billion in commitments, the final closing significantly exceeded the original target amount of $1.5 billion. Investors in the Fund include public and private pensions, foundations, endowments, institutions and high net worth individuals and families.
KSL was founded by Michael Shannon and Eric Resnick in 2005. KSL currently has in excess of $3.5 billion in equity commitments under management.
“This new Fund will utilize the same investment principles we have used in our prior investment vehicles,” said Michael Shannon, managing director. As a sector fund specializing only in travel and leisure businesses, we take a very hands-on approach to our investments. We believe that this is a unique time in the market to be able to deploy the investment strategy that we have successfully used for more than 20 years.”
“The Fund is the third investment vehicle we have raised since 2005. We greatly appreciate the interest shown in the Fund by both our existing and new investors. We are excited to continue to pursue attractive investments in the areas of hospitality, recreation, clubs, resort real estate and travel service businesses,” added Managing Director Eric Resnick.
KSL’s team of dedicated investment professionals is based in Denver and New York. In addition to founding partners Eric Resnick and Michael Shannon, other principals in the firm include Craig Henrich, Peter McDermott, Marty Newburger, Bernie Siegel, Steven Siegel and Richard Weissmann.
About KSL Capital Partners
KSL Capital Partners is a private equity firm specializing in travel and leisure businesses. KSL Capital Partners has offices in Denver, Colorado and New York.
KSL’s current and prior investments include some of the premier properties in travel and leisure, including:
- Montelucia Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona
- The Royal Palm in Miami Beach, Florida
- Squaw Valley USA near Lake Tahoe, California
- Western Athletic Clubs, headquartered in San Francisco, California
- Orion Expedition Cruises, headquartered in Sydney, Australia
- ClubCorp, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas
- Barton Creek Resort & Spa in Austin, Texas
- The Homestead in Hot Springs, Virginia
- Rancho Las Palmas in Rancho Mirage, California
- Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, California
- La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, California
- Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Arizona
- Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa in Maui, Hawaii
- Claremont Resort & Spa in Berkley, California
- Emerald Point Resort at Lake Lanier Islands, Georgia
- Doral Golf Resort & Spa in Miami, Florida
- La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, California
For more information, please see www.kslcapital.com.